The Commission on Filipinos Overseas prepared the following publications:
Filipino Ties - The official newsletter of the CFO distributed worldwide
The Filipino Ties provides quarterly updates regarding CFO’s initiatives to advance the cause of Filipino diaspora; events and activities relating to overseas Filipinos and their families left behind; and news relevant to migration and development.
The Faces of OF-ReD is a special publication by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas, in partnership with the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte, Cooperative Bank of Ilocos Norte, United Nations Development Programme and the Western Union Foundation. The photo-book documents the inspiring, sometimes heart-breaking success stories of 20 beneficiaries of the Overseas Filipinos Remittances for Development (OF-ReD): Building a Future Back Home Project. The beneficiaries are mostly returning Ilocano women migrants and some are dependents of overseas Ilocano migrants.
The CFO’s Freedom of Information (FOI) People’s Manual provides guidelines in the filing and processing of requests for information received under Executive Order (E.O.) No. 2 on Freedom of Information. It also includes the types of information that can be requested from the CFO, the procedures in handling approval and denial of requests, as well as process flow charts and document templates.
CFO Compendium of Statistics on International Migration features the yearly stock estimates of overseas Filipinos, the number of registered Filipino emigrants, spouses and partners of foreign nationals, US Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) participants, au pairs, and data on financial and material contributions of overseas Filipinos to the Philippines coursed through the CFO's Lingkod sa Kapwa Pilipino (LINKAPIL).
2014 – 2015 CFO Annual Report - The steadfast response of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas to the dynamic process of international migration is reflected from its achievements. These achievements are highlighted in the 2014 – 2015 CFO Annual Report.
As the government is not closing its eyes to the social costs of migration, this e-book reflects the efforts of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas to mitigate these costs. It further shows how the government is also maximizing the benefits of migration and protect the rights, the welfare and interests of overseas Filipinos in every possible way.
One aspect of migration that is usually not discussed is what we call marriage migration. In this regard, the CFO strives to address the particular vulnerabilities and situations of the predominantly female migrating spouses or partners of foreign nationals and consider their needs in every stage of the migration cycle. These are aimed to accord fully the Filipino people with their rights to mobility and give them an informed choice and option whether or not to go out of the country, free from the downside risks of migration
The Overseas Filipinos Remittances for Development (OFReD) is spearheaded by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), sponsored by Western Union's philanthropy arm-The Western Union Foundation (WUF) and implemented by National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) for the project's earlier stages, and currently, by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). The OFReD Project was launched in the Province of Ilocos Norte in 2011.
The project aims to support policies that transform overseas remittances for development, savings and investments, and build a viable collective remittance fund. A sub-component of the project – the Migration and Development Initiative for Region 1 (MDI-1) aims to mainstream migration and development in the development plans and programs of local governments in the Ilocos Region.
The Philippine Financial Freedom Campaign (or PESO Sense, for short) is a Financial Education and Entrepreneurship program that utilizes new technology to reach out to all Filipinos, whether sender or receiver of remittances. The PESO Sense campaign makes use of all forms of communications such as the internet, social media and mobile applications. The PESO Sense is multi-media and multi-sectoral, involving different agencies and stakeholders and catering to as many communities and clientele as we could reach.
Presidential Awards 2016 Primer - The Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas, established through Executive Order No. 498 in December 1991, is a biennial award conferred to distinguished Filipino individuals and organizations in recognition of their outstanding contributions to national development efforts, or their outstanding achievements in their field of profession. The awards, implemented and managed by CFO, are also conferred to foreign individuals and organizations that provide assistance to the country or advance the cause of Filipino communities overseas. As of 2014, there are 435 Presidential awardees from 49 countries. The program is managed by the CFO.
CFO Primer 2015 - The CFO primer is only one of the many instruments through which the Commission on Filipinos Overseas provides relevant, accurate and comprehensive information on the programs and services purposely designed to safeguard the interests of the Filipino diaspora community worldwide.
3rd Global Summit Souvenir Program - With its intention to institutionalize and maximize overseas Filipinos' (OFs) involvement in the socio-cultural and economic development of the Philippines, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas started to provide in 2011 a venue for Filipinos overseas to come together and re-engage with development initiatives in the Philippines through a Global Summit of Filipinos in the Diaspora every two years in Manila. The first, second and third were held in 2011, 2013 and 2015, respectively.
Handbook for Filipinos migrating to the United States of America (2014 Edition). The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) has prepared this guide to help you adapt in your new life in the U.S.
· Information Kit. The CFO prepared this guide to provide you with information that will ease your adjustment abroad. It is our way of wishing you a safe trip and a successful settlement overseas.
· Frontier. The CFO Frontier Policy Notes are observations and analyses on certain policies and issues affecting overseas Filipinos.
· Gintong Patnubay. The comics magazine reflects real-life stories and experiences of Filipinos overseas.
Gintong Patnubay 2009 Edition
Gintong Patnubay V2 N2
Gintong Patnubay V2 N1
Gintong Patnubay V1 N1
· Handbook for Overseas Filipinos (8th Edition). The handbook provides information on a wide range of policies, programs, and activities of the Philippine government affecting Filipinos overseas. As well as returning Filipinos. It also provides information on a number of programs through which Filipinos overseas can actively participate in the realization of the Philippine development agenda.
I. Filipinos Overseas and their Contribution to National Development
II. Recognition of Overseas Filipinos
III. Philippine Laws and Regulations Affecting Filipinos Overseas
IV. Immigration Policies on Visiting and Returning Overseas Filipinos
V. Programs and Services of Government Agencies for Overseas Filipinos
· LINKAPIL Operations Manual (5th Edition). The manual addresses the information needs of Filipinos and other donors overseas concerning the transfer of various forms of assistance to the Philippines, and the procedures and requirements in the processing of material donations from overseas.
· Invest in the Philippines: Investment and Business Guide for Overseas Filipinos. The compendium provides information on investing and doing business in the Philippines, particularly in small to medium scale enterprises.
· Manual of Policies and Regulations for Philippine Schools Overseas. The manual provides policy guidelines and specific rules and regulations for the establishment, accreditation, operation, and management of elementary and secondary schools overseas.
· Lakbay Aral sa Pilipinas. The brochure provides information on how to join Lakbay-Aral, its program fee, and the tour packages.
The primer provides information on the major provisions of the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003.
· Enjoy the Benefits of Dual Citizenship. The primer provides information on the major provisions of the Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003.
· 10 Questions on the Commission on Filipinos Overseas. The primer provides information on the main functions, programme areas and organizational structure of the CFO.