Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or Peer Counseling Session. Topics discussed include travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.
The PDOS is for emigrants aged 20-59 years old who are petitioned by their parents, siblings, or immediate relatives, including independent applicants. The Peer Counseling Program is for emigrants aged 13-19 years old. There are two options for the client to choose from to avail of the CFO’s frontline services, the on-site and online.
Reserve and Register -R &R (on-site)
All Filipinos who hold an immigrant visa must reserve and register online before attending the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and the Peer Counselling Program (PCP) conducted by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas in Manila, Cebu and Davao.
A. What are the requirements?
1. Barcoded confirmation of appointment
2. Valid Passport (must be valid at least six months before date of travel)
3. Valid Visa
4. Other documents issued by the host country:
a) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR for Canada-bound emigrants)
b) Visa Grant Notice (page showing visa class for NZ and Australia bound emigrants)
c) Contract (for E13, E21, E31, E32, EW3, EX1 US-visa holders)
5. One valid ID with photograph
After satisfactory compliance with the registration process and attendance to the PDOS, a CFO Emigrant Registration Sticker is affixed to your passport. This should be presented to the Bureau of Immigration on the day of departure.
B. How to make an appointment?
1. Go to: https://cfo.ph/PDOS_Reservation_Manila/ for attendance to PDOS in CFO MANILA and click the “I already have my immigrant visa…” button if you have already secured your immigrant visa.
2. Answer all preliminary questions to check if required to attend the PDOS or Peer Counseling Program. Provide email address and click “Submit”
3. Open email (including SPAM folder) and look for confirmation message from CFO. Click on “Confirm Email“ and provide information as specified in the “PERSONAL INFORMATION” page.
4. You will be advised if required to attend PDOS/Peer or if exempted:
A. If required to attend the PDOS, you will be directed to the “SET YOUR SCHEDULE” page. Click the calendar to select preferred date and time to attend the PDOS/PEER session.
Note: There are limited slots per session, per day.
B. If exempted from attending the PDOS/Peer session, please proceed to Step 5.
5. Click “Proceed to Registration” button to complete the on-line registration form.
6. Upload your recent 2 X 2 photo in plain white background and supply correct and complete information in all the fields required in the registration form.
7. Download and print the Barcoded Confirmation Form. Bring this document together with all the other requirements to CFO on date of appointment. NO NEED TO PRINT your registration form. Please come to CFO at least an hour before your scheduled PDOS/PEER session for the verification process.
C. Who are exempted from PDOS?
Emigrants who are exempted from attending the PDOS are still required to register personally or by proxy/authorized representative.
The following emigrants are exempted from attending the PDOS:
• Minor emigrant ages 12 and below
• Senior citizen 60 years old and above
• Those incapacitated due to permanent or long-term ailments
• Those with mental health issues or psychologically-challenged
• Emigrants who stayed for an aggregate of two months in the destination country
If registered by proxy, representative is required to present the following documents in addition to the usual required documents:
1. Medical certificate/report (except those 60 years old and above)
2. Letter of authorization from the emigrant (if applicable to the case); and
3. Original valid identification card with photograph of the proxy.
Proxies who are NOT the legal/natural/biological adoptive parent of children 12 years old and below must present the following documents:
1. One (1) original valid identification card with photograph of the proxy, and
2. Special Power of Attorney (SPA) or duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s, issued in the Philippines or overseas.
Emigrants who have stayed for an aggregate of two months in the destination country are required to present the following documents:
1. Previous visa or landing stamp
2. Foreign government issued identification card i.e. driver’s license, state identification
D. What is the schedule of PDOS?
Please include schedule of Cebu, Manila and Davao offices
Important Reminders for R & R:
1. Please be advised that securing an appointment for PDOS is FREE. The CFO discourages applicants from securing online appointment through fixers or businesses offering such services for a fee. Do not deal with fixers.
2. Please arrive at CFO at least 1 hour before your PDOS session or refer to the table of schedule of activities in the flyer.
3. DO NOT purchase outbound airline tickets until your CFO travel documents are issued. The Commission will not be responsible for any rebooking charges, loss of income, and other financial compensation and/ or personal losses arising from the applicant’s travel arrangements in view of non-attendance or non-completion to CFO pre-departure program
Overseas Filipinos CFO Online Registration System -OF-CORS (online) All Filipinos who hold an immigrant may register online via Overseas Filipinos – CFO Online Registration System or OF-CORS, the online service of the CFO for the new normal. Clients can access OF-CORS at https://cfo.ph/Online_PDOS_Account_Creation/
Thru online registration, clients need not go to any CFO office to avail of pre-departure services. They could just print their own OF-CORS Digital Certificate, which will be presented to the Bureau of Immigration on the day of their departure from the Philippines.
A. What are the requirements?
You need to send the digital copies of the following registration requirements for checking/verification to the assigned CFO Officers:
1. Valid Passport;
2. Valid Visa or Visa Grant Notice;
3. Valid ID;
4. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR for Canada-bound migrants); and
– Contract (for EB3 visa).
– Visa grant notice (page showing visa class for NZ and Australia bound migrants).
5. Additional requirements for Minor registration (12 and below).
– birth certificate; and
– biological parent’s valid ID.
– If not biological parents, submit SPA/notarized authorization letter of proxy other than the biological parents, and proxy’s valid ID with photo and signature.
Proxies who are NOT the legal/natural/biological adoptive parent registering children 12 years old and below will have to send the digital copies for verification of the following additional requirements:
1. One (1) original valid identification card with photograph of the proxy; and
2. Duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s, issued in the Philippines or overseas.
CFO Officers will go over your documents which can take a few days to process. You will be updated once the verification is done thru another e-mail from your assigned officer.
B. Helpful materials on Registration and PDOS
Click here for the Step by Step Procedure in using the OFCORS for the Emigrant Registration.
Click here for more information on Bayad Center and GCASH Payment.
Click here to watch the video on CFO Registration via OF-CORS.
Click here for United States of America (USA) Online PDOS.
Click here for Canada Online PDOS.
Click here for the Step by Step Video Guide on Overseas Filipinos CFO Online Registration System (OF-CORS) for Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS).
C. Important Reminders for OF-CORS:
1. You need to complete the OF-CORS online registration prior to paying the courier service fees (in case you want the original documents to be sent to you). Carefully follow the procedure and input the correct information when you register to avoid unnecessary delay of the issuance of your temporary and original certificate and/or sticker.
2. You can’t change your delivery details after paying for the CFO-OFCORS for Courier service fees so please use the permanent and correct address.
3. Immediately after completion of CFO-OFCORS for PDOS registration, choose whether you would like to pick up your original documents in any of the three offices of the Commission or you would like to have them sent via courier.
4. DO NOT purchase outbound airline tickets until your CFO travel documents are issued. The Commission will not be responsible for any rebooking charges, loss of income, and other financial compensation and/ or personal losses arising from the applicant’s travel arrangements in view of non-attendance or non-completion to CFO pre-departure program