CFO TO RE-OPEN WITH “NEW NORMAL” PROCESS
The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) is set to resume its physical operations, including pre-departure services for Filipino emigrants and other overseas Filipinos, starting Monday, June 1, 2020.
With the resumption of office and following the end of the extended Enhance Community Quarantine, CFO is seeking the understanding of the public, particularly its clients, to comply with the new rules in transacting at the main and satellite offices in Manila, Cebu, and Davao. CFO will implement a “NEW NORMAL” procedure in compliance with Republic Act No. 11469 (Bayanihan to Heal as One Act) and as recommended by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, to protect both the public and its personnel while COVID-19 pandemic is still not contained.
What is the New CFO Normal?
1. ONLINE SERVICES IS THE NEW NORMAL. Clients (Filipino emigrants, marriage migrants, youth migrants) are encouraged to register online via Overseas Filipinos – CFO Online Registration System or OF-CORS (https://cfo.ph/Online_PDOS_Account_Creation/). Thru online registration, clients need not go anymore to any CFO office to avail of its pre-departure services. They could just print their own CFO OF-CORS Temporary Certificate, which will be presented to the Bureau of Immigration on the day of their departure for abroad.
Clients could request for original documents, which will be sent via courier upon online payment. Procedures to secure original documents and online payment will be posted at the CFO website and social media accounts.
2. NO APPOINTMENT, NO ENTRY. Clients who will not be availing of the online registration, are required to schedule their appointment (via CFO Online Appointment and Registration) when visiting CFO office. The CFO offices will only be open from Monday to Thursday at 8am to 4pm. To minimize congregation, there will only be three batches for appointment in a day: 1st batch – 8:00 am – 10:00am, 2nd batch – 10:00 am-12:00 nn, and last batch – 1:00 pm- 3:00 pm. Those aged 60 and above, 19 years old and below as well as those considered by the Department of Health to be vulnerable, are advised not to come to CFO and instead just avail of the online registration through OF-CORS. Only one member of the family will be allowed entry.
CFO will only accommodate clients whose appointments were made using the following links effective May 31, 2020:
Clients who have pre-registered and have appointments issued before May 31, 2020 were provided email messages with alternative means to register using the OF-CORs instead of personally transacting at the CFO offices.
3. Physical conduct of pre-departure orientation seminars for Emigrants and EVP participants, Guidance and Counseling session, Peer Counseling Program, and Country Familiarization seminars for CFO clients are suspended until further notice.
4. CFO Clark, Davao, and NAIA will temporarily remain closed.
5. In compliance with the health protocols prescribed by the Department of Health and to minimize health potential hazards, both clients and personnel are required to:
• Wear facemask/face shield at all times.
• Observe social distancing.
• To enter the building, undergo disinfection in sanitation tent
• Have your body temperature checked. If temperature reading is 37.5, he/she will be ushered to a waiting area and wait for a few minutes for re-checking. If he/she will exhibit consistently high temperature reading or fever, he/she will not be allowed entry and will be referred to the nearest hospital or health clinic.
• Accomplish contact tracing form.
• Present appointment form with barcode.
• Use the phone provided by CFO to talk with a frontline officer for registration details check and other inquiries.
• As much as possible, bring own pen.
• Bring the exact amount as much as possible.
These precautionary health measures in CFO transactions are expected to remain in place until a COVID-19 vaccine is developed or unless the country is already declared safe by health authorities.
For clarifications, please e-mail the following CFO’s Migrant Integration and Education Division officers:
For CFO Manila office: Ariel Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org) / Iluminada Gunabe (email@example.com)
For CFO Cebu office: Kim Dizon (firstname.lastname@example.org )
For CFO Davao office: Joanna Bautista (email@example.com)