More than half of Filipino emigrants to Italy in 1988-2019 were male.

More than half of Filipino emigrants to Italy in 1988-2019 were aged 19 years or below.

Did you know? Italy ranked the Top 5 country of destination among Filipino emigrants from 1981 to 2019, totaling 41,714 Filipino emigrants or 1.67% of the total Filipino emigrant population over the said period.

According to registration data gathered by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), more than half of Filipino emigrants to Italy in 1988-2019 were male at 55.12% or 22,959, while the rest were female at 44.88% or 18,690. The Filipino emigrant population to Italy was very young, with children aged 14 years or below comprising the largest portion at 29.47% or 12,274. They were followed closely by 15- to 19-year-olds at 23.52% or 9,796. Together, Filipino emigrants aged 19 years or lower comprised more than half of the overall emigrant population to Italy at 52.99%.

The next major age groups after 19-year-olds and younger were 25- to 39-year-olds, altogether accounting for 28.24%. Meanwhile, emigrants aged 55 years or older made up only as little as 3.50% of the Filipino emigrant population to Italy in 1988-2019.