From 1988 to 2018, there had been a total of around 150,000 Filipino emigrants in Japan, 42% of whom are marriage migrants. For three decades, these figures are dominated by emigrants whose highest educational attainment at the time of their registration is a high school diploma. They constitute the highest number of registrants every year since 1988 and make up roughly 30% of the total Japan-bound emigrants since the 1980s. These high school graduates are followed by those of college-level and high school level with a wide margin of 19.3% and 18% respectively. In general, Filipino emigrants en route to Japan are relatively educated with 11% of the statistics possessing at least a bachelor’s degree and only a very small portion of 0.2% reporting to acquire no formal education.

Meanwhile, a large portion of Japan-bound Filipino emigrants is unemployed prior to migration. Since 1988, housewives constitute the highest number of unemployed emigrants every year, so much so that by the end of 2018, they have made up approximately 56% of the total number of Japan-bound emigrants. In total, 72.37% of Filipino emigrants bound to Japan are unemployed at the time of their registration. Of the remaining 27.63% who are employed, the top three occupations are observed to be sales work at 24%, service work at 23.9%, and professional or technical work at 16%.

#CFOOnlineUgnayanSaJapan
#CFOat40Years