As of APRIL 02, 2020
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND PRINT YOUR TEMPORARY OF-CORS CERTIFICATE:
Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) for J1 visa holder
A. What is the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) for J1 visa holders in CFO?
B. What are the requirements?
C. How to make an online appointment?
D. Who are Exempted from PDOS?
E. What is the registration and payment process?
F. What is the schedule of the PDOS in Manila?
G. Where is the CFO main office located?
H. What is the process for revalidation?
I. What are the requirements for revalidation?
J. What is the schedule of revalidation?
K. Flyer (PDF Download)
Filipinos leaving the country to participate in the Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS). Topics include conditions and requirements of the EVP, obligations and responsibilities of the participants as J-1 visa holders, and settlement concerns.
To attend the PDOS at CFO Manila, clients are required to use the Online Reservation and Pre-Registration System for J1 visa holders.
1. Original valid passport;
2. Original valid J-1 visa;
3. One (1) valid identification (ID) card;
4. Registration form with online barcode;
5. Original and photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status (DS-2019); and
6. Payment of PhP400.00 registration fee.
For Trainees and Interns – Original Training/Internship Plan from the host institution
For Au Pairs – Original and photocopy of the authenticated contract with host family
For Exchange Visitors Participants below 18 years old:
a. Photocopy of parent’s passport or valid identification card, if not accompanied by parent/s during registration;
b. Letter of authorization from parent/s authorizing the guardian to register the child with CFO on their behalf (if accompanied by guardian during registration); and
c. Original DSWD travel clearance.
1. Go to (PLEASE REFER TO PUBLIC ADVISORY). Please note that this process is only for first-time J1 visa holders only. Refer to the Letter “H” for revalidation of previous CFO sticker.
2. Create an account by providing the necessary personal information.
3. Log in using your username and password.
4. Select your preferred date of appointment.
5. Proceed to filling-up the online registration form.
6. Print your barcoded registration form (required).
7. Go to CFO-Manila office to register and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar on the date of appointment.
PDOS is optional for the following:
• Persons with disability (PWD) with PWD ID;
• Senior citizens (60 years old and above); and
• Pregnant women with medical certificate.
1. Once you have secured an online appointment, come to CFO-Manila on the date indicated on your online appointment confirmation. Make sure you also know the office address to avoid being lost.
2. The registration and payment process will start 2 hours before your appointment time. Proceed to our Public Assistance and Complaints Desk (PACD) and look for your name on the list of PDOS attendees.
3. Submit 1 valid ID to the lobby personnel and get your J1 client pass and queuing number.
4. Go to our registration area and wait for your number to be called.
5. Present the complete requirements to the counter personnel for the verification of your documents.
6. Pay the Php 400.00 registration fee in Counter 7 and keep your official receipt.
7. Attend the PDOS.
8. Present your official receipt to the PDOS officer to get your passport with the affixed CFO J1 sticker.
|J1-PDOS||DAY AND TIME|
|60 Participants Maximum||Wednesday / 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|60 Participants Maximum||Friday / 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue corner Osmeña Highway, Manila, Philippines 1007
Tel. No.: (02) 552-4700 local 721, 726, 728, 729 and 731
Fax No.: (02) 561-8327
J1 visa holders who previously attended the J1 PDOS are no longer required to attend the PDOS. However, registration at CFO is still necessary for the issuance of a new CFO J1 sticker.
1. Upon arriving in our office, submit 1 valid ID to the lobby personnel and get your J1 client pass.
2. Proceed to the 7th floor for verification.
3. Present the complete requirements to the frontline officer for the verification of your documents.
4. Pay the Php 400.00 registration fee in the cashier at the ground floor and keep your official receipt.
5. Present your official receipt to the frontline officer to get your passport with the affixed CFO J1 sticker.
1. Original valid passport;
2. Original J-1 visa;
3. Original and photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status (DS-2019);
4. Original or photocopy of your previous CFO sticker;
5. One (1) valid identification card with photograph;
6. Duly completed registration form (download it here); and
7. Payment of P 400.00 registration fee.
|CFO-Manila||Monday to Friday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|CFO Clark||Wednesday to Friday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|CFO-Cebu||Monday to Friday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
For further inquiries, please contact: