Did you know? More than half or 12,827 of the total Filipino emigrants bound for New Zealand from 1988 to 2019 were female at 55.71%, while the remaining 10,196 were male at 44.29%.

Moreover, the Filipino emigrant population bound for New Zealand in 1988-2019 was mainly comprised of young and middle-aged emigrants. The largest age group was the 7,462 children aged 14 or below at 32.41%, followed by 3,667 30- to 34-year-olds and 3,071 35- to 39-year-olds at 15.93% and 13.34%, respectively.

Fifteen- to 29-year-olds and 40- to 44-year-olds accounted for 9.45% and 9.46% of the total number of New Zealand-bound Filipino emigrants, while those aged 55 or older comprised only a tiny portion of 1.73%.

Reference data covers 1988-2019.